Seduce yourself and don’t feel guilty about it.
Be your number one muse. Take a moment of self reflection (5 Minutes of Stillness) and pinpoint what you find yourself diving deeply into or exploring over and over again in your mind.
You have a passion, an energy, dare I say ‘flirtatious’ even? Do your eyes pierce your own soul when you stare at yourself in the mirror. If they don’t, they should.
Would you be afraid to be left alone without any technology or other modern-day distractions? Break free of your self illusions and stop comparing your life to those you see on Instagram and Facebook. That is not real. Your fire, your passion, your soul need you to feed them!
If you’re anything like me, you may struggle with where to begin. Try these ideas for a good place to start:
- Eat something. Personally, when I get stressed or out of whack, more often than not, I have low blood sugar and the rest of the day’s tasks can seem overwhelming if I’m running on fumes so EAT!
- Take a bath. Seriously. Go to the store, buy some epsom salts and bubble bath and run that tub! The epsom salts will draw out impurities from your body (goodbye toxins!) and the hot water and bubbles will calm your parasympathetic nervous system, which is responsible for rest and rejuvenation in your body.
- Take 30 minutes to draw or write something. Anything. Even if you “can’t draw” or “aren’t a writer.” Putting something down on paper takes the pressure off your brain to remember it and the stress off your body to hold on to feels.
- Call your momma. Ok, not everyone has the best relationship with their mom, but the point is to call someone that you feel safe with. This could be your dad, an aunt or a good friend. Just hearing someone else’s voice can lighten your emotional load and help you focus your energies more productively.
- Massage yourself. I don’t mean this sexually (that’s a different kind of seduction), but by taking the time to reconnect with your body and identifying any aches and pains, you can become more aware of how those aches and pains got there in the first place.
Last word of advice on how to seduce yourself and be your own muse: Take time for yourself and NEVER feel guilty about it. You can’t fill others’ cups if your own pitcher is dry. Identifying and connecting with what makes you happy will do wonders in all aspects of your life.
I’m curious, how do you seduce yourself? What methods do you employ to help yourself stay calm and feel loved?