Kristi Godwin Resume – Digital Marketing Manager
Download my resume here.
Lead-generation and results-focused marketing manager with a thorough understanding of social media, content marketing, customer engagement, event coordination, automation implementation and community building strategies. Proven ability to drive sales gains and increase brand awareness.
o Drove a 300% increase in SEO website traffic for EliteAC through integrated digital campaigns.
o Boosted replacement HVAC system sales for EliteAC by 110%, through social media and SEO.
o Brought in over 150 qualified leads through event marketing, integrated and retargeting online branding campaigns.
• Digital Marketing Strategy • Social Media Marketing • Customer Engagement
• Lead Generation • Emerging Technologies • Brand Building
• Web Analytics • Budgeting & Planning • Content Creation
• Video Production • Audio/Video Editing • Process Reengineering
• Adobe Creative Suite • Content Marketing • Customer Acquisition
• Automation funnels • Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn • Google Analytics
ELITE HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING, Austin, TX [Local HVAC company] Feb 2016 to present
Social Media & Digital Marketing Director
Built up and organized external contractors as part of my team to replace previous outside agency that was not getting results. Reported directly to the CEO and provided strategic and tactical guidance to internal sales team of 3 with accountability and follow up for all leads along with maintaining company email, blog, email marketing campaigns, and SEO/SEM strategies. Collaborated with commercial and residential sales personnel and company executives to ensure strategy aligns with company objectives.
• Increased website traffic an average of 110% from same time previous year through online campaigns, site optimization and integrated branding.
• Grew Facebook ‘likes’ by more than 10x and pulled in consistent, 2-3 leads per month from Instagram followers by concentrating on high interactions with targeted, localized followers.
• Decreased Google Adwords CPC by $20+/keyword and increased leads from SERPs by 200%.
• Launched first concerted e-mail marketing strategy and generated 30 referral leads
• Worked closely with sales team to develop new social media and online marketing campaigns, replacing overt sales pitches with focus on engagement and customer care.
• Led transition of company CRM system from basic software to ServiceTitan in order to enable a better tracking of leads, customers and cost per acquisition.
• Developed engaging, SEO optimized content to build social media audience, including events, original video and photos.
• Personally shot and edited videos, saving thousands of dollars in production costs while still creating high-quality and engaging video content.
• Revamped PPC advertising and removed under-performing or costly ads, resulting in an immediate performance improvement. Conducted A/B tests to optimize all ads and decrease CPC.
• Audited content to identify SEO/traffic generation opportunities and then worked with freelance writer to create high-impact “cornerstone” content based on select keywords from research.
KRISTI GODWIN MEDIA, Austin, TX [Digital Consultant] 2014 to present
Manager, Digital Media & Marketing
Develop digital content (blogs, social images, other content) for various clients including a local recruiting firm, a local mediation attorney, a Houston-based environmental waste management company and other projects that include growing email lists, increasing SEO visibility, creating mobile-friendly WordPress website and other marketing help as needed.
• Increased mediation attorney’s clients by 150+% over 3 months through email marketing campaigns.
• Improved Search Engine visibility for local recruiting firm through optimization of online presence, website and improving sitemap.
• Created mobile-optimized WordPress site for client who had previously hired someone else that produced terrible results.
• Setup research feed from SCOTUS (Supreme Court of the United States blog) to provide and built awareness for legal audience by creating/sharing engaging email content and staying top of mind for lawyer’s mediation practice.
• Worked closely with recruiting firm to create high-quality digital presence and customized content for their audience and message strategy.
SPECIAL AUDIENCE MARKETING Austin, TX [small Marketing firm in South Austin] 2013 to 2014
Director of Social Media
Provided a wide range of assistance and support CEO and 2 creative directors within in-house marketing firm. Duties included social media contests, managing content and email campaigns, and optimizing UX/UI of landing pages for campaign initiatives.
• Conceptualized and kept multiple projects on track, and dramatically reduced project delays, by taking the initiative to meet with internal teams, thus increasing the number of campaigns each director could manage successfully.
• Streamlined workflows and improved productivity by creating company’s first digital asset management system and training all employees on how to use it correctly.
FREE SPEECH SYSTEMS Austin, TX [small, multi-media company in East Austin] 2011 to 2013
Director of Social Media
Provided a wide range of assistance and support to 5 producers within in-house multi-media agency. Duties included community engagement, video shoots, managing talent and external vendors, social media strategy and execution, and tracking all digital media projects. Worked on average of 5-10 concurrent initiatives.
• Conceived and executed several contest strategies as a way to generate interest at little to no cost, with several of the contests going viral. (Drone mob in Zilker Park and Film Contest)
• Increased website traffic by 110% and 40% to ecommerce shop via integrated, viral social media campaigns.
Bachelors of Arts in Journalism & Broadcast with an Emphasis on Advertising, Oklahoma State University 2008
• Proficient with PC, Mac and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
• Experienced in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterEffects, Premiere Pro)
• Deep knowledge of social media includes Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Snapchat, Reddit, Tumblr,
• Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS.
• Accomplished in digital audio/video editing